Terms & Conditions
- A deposit of 25% is payable on booking with the balance due 4 weeks prior to the
first day of the letting period booked. When a booking is made less than 4 weeks
before arrival, the full cost of the stay is payable immediately.
- The owner is not VAT registered; VAT is not included in the holiday rental.
- Holidays start from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival and end at 11.00 am on departure
day. The arrival and departure times must be strictly adhered to, unless prior arrangement
has been made with the owner, to allow cleaning and maintenance to take place in
preparation for the next guests.
- Bookings are accepted on condition that all reasonable care is taken of the property
and its contents. The property must be left in a clean and tidy condition and all
damages and breakages are the guest's responsibility and their cost shall be refundable
- No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused
which may be sustained during the holiday to the guest or any member of the party,
or invited person, or any car and its contents, or any possession of the guest or
any member of the party as defined above.
- Equipment - the property is fully equipped to the English Tourist Board standards
or above. All bedding is provided (except for baby bedding) and bed linen and towels
are available as indicated in the property details.
- Any problem found with any appliance or furniture or fitting must be reported to
the owner or caretaker who will ensure within a reasonable time that this is repaired
or alternative arrangements made. Any complaint made after the holiday will not be
entertained, as it cannot be fully investigated. Under no circumstances should any
guest attempt repairs to the property or its contents. This will invalidate service
contracts, warranties and agreements and charges for such repairs will then pass
to the guest.
- The guest will permit the owner or their agent, with or without workers or others,
at reasonable times to enter, inspect and if necessary carry out repairs to the property.
The guest must not assign or part with possession of the property, part of it, or
anything contained in it. Nor must the guest use the property for other than holiday
occupation by the persons named on the booking form.
- Bookings are accepted on condition that no more than the maximum number of persons
as indicated in the property details shall use the property, except by prior agreement
in writing. The property is principally designed for family holidays and the owner
reserves the right to decline entry and accommodation or to expel any occupier or
visitor for conduct, which in their sole view is detrimental to the property or the
comfort of other visitors.
- Cancellation - If the guest cancels a confirmed booking within 8 weeks of the holiday,
the owner will endeavour to re-let the property. If the property is re-let the owner
will refund any monies, which have been paid by the guest, less a cancellation charge
of £25 per week booked. If the owner is unable to re-let the property the guest will
be liable for the balance of the rent (if not paid) and there shall be no obligation
on the owner's part to repay or forego any rent paid or unpaid. Holiday Cancellation
Insurance may of course, cover guests for any loss.
- Responsibility and financial liability of the owner shall be limited to the return
of monies received in the event of accommodation booked in good faith not being available
owing to unforeseen circumstances.
- The property is used as holiday accommodation and therefore exempt from security
of tenure under the Rent Act.